Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Green, Blue, RED...AAAAHHH!


I can't think of a game that I've played recently that has had as much staying power as this curious little thing. I mean, it's basically Bejeweled with some ogres and swords thrown in right? Right, but that combination gives you a reason to play the same puzzles over and over. It's more satisfying to match four skulls in a row when it does massive damage to some brute that was selling your people into slavery. That's much better than some vague concept of 1000 points or a super double bonus or something. Plus there's the inexplicable pull of wanting to level up your character. Although I'm a couple levels ahead of my wife after the long weekend, I doubt it will last long. She's just as addicted as I am.
So if you don't have this game, get it. It's been my go-to DS game for months.

2 comments:

DrJones31 said...

Do you like the game enough that you think you'll buy it on XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) or for the Wii? Or is it the type of game that is best played on a handheld system?

Dave said...

I didn't know it was coming to XBLA. You mean it will have all the same puzzle goodness but with ACHIEVEMENTS!? I might be in for that. But the Wii has a built in pointing device that would work well too. I'll have to try 'em and see I guess. I'm not sure how well it will translate to the non-portable systems...