Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dragons and aging

Dragon Age: Origins is your typical story-heavy RPG with obvious PC roots. It's the sort of game where you choose a class and start out killing rats as you begin on your long quest to upgrade your character. Later, other people join your party. Typical stuff. That said, it's fairly well done.

I played it on PS3 and could definitely tell that it would make more sense on a PC. I also wasn't all that impressed with the graphics. Not bad looking, but sort of your standard looking medieval settings and characters. I probably played somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 through the mage questline before I got bored and sent it back.

So not a great game for me, but not a terrible one either. I've also been playing Puzzle Quest 2 on XBLA and Red Dead Redemption on 360. More on those later.

No comments: