Monday, February 18, 2013

Halo 4, continued

This weekend I had planned on replaying Zelda, Wind Waker until I realized that I didn't have the disc. I must have loaned it to somebody and forgot about it. I'm looking at you, Craig.

But since that fell through, I figured I'd make use of my free month of Xbox Live Gold with some Spartan Ops (a Halo 4 play mode). It's cooperative or solo, but I've been playing the first 5 episodes solo. It's a weird mix of the old Firefight and competitive multiplayer. By that I mean you have tons of dudes you have to kill, but they stay dead every time you respawn. Which is different than the campaign. So sometimes I just plan on getting killed 5 or 6 times in a row when a ton of dudes all come out at once in a big open area. As long as I take down one or two before I die, I don't feel so bad. I don't know though, maybe I'm playing it wrong?

Anyway, I thought I'd post about it as I wait for episodes 6-10 to download (36% complete). Oh, that's another thing, this game is really chewing up my limited hard drive space. I'm still using a 20 gig version and just being careful about what I keep around. I typically have about 7 gigs free, just enough to install a game if I know I'll be playing it a lot. But this has had two separate installs of about 2 gigs a piece. And I never know what stuff will run well on the 16 GB USB memory stick I have stuck in there. Basically, I"m just trying to limp along on this hardware until the new stuff comes out in the fall.

No comments: