Saturday, May 18, 2013

Far Cry 3

I'm not sure why I thought I might like Far Cry 3. I played a few hours of 2 and gave up because everyone was shooting at me wherever I went. It got pretty frustrating if you're just trying to get to point B and you get distracted by dudes shooting at you. Then you die. Repeat times...(more than I'd like to count). 


The third installment didn't have nearly as much of that, maybe because of the more prevalent fast travel to a location. But I just wasn't having much fun with it. Maybe because of the laughable voice acting and story? Or possibly because I was supremely bad at the game. Low level bad guys would continually take me out and I couldn't figure out a way to make my character handle it any better other than ramping down the difficulty setting.

You'd think a game that let me drive around on boats and four wheelers to my heart's content would grab me more, but it didn't. I didn't think the vehicle controls were much fun since it felt like the land vehicles were driving on a giant sheet of ice. 

I did some fun open world things like riding in a hang glider, but I think after just coming off of Sleeping Dogs I'd had my fill of open world settings. 

Next up is something completely different: Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS. I've heard good things.

No comments: