Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catchup: Quantum of Solace and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I mentioned that I was getting 007 Quantum of Solace and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I did, and I played them. I tried, but just couldn't get into N&B. It's all about customizing vehicles and I never had much fun doing that. And I didn't put in the time to get to where the vehicles available were anything more than clunky pieces of crap. The helicopter was sort of neat and the game was occasionally chuckle-worthy, but...meh.

Quantum of Solace was also mediocre as shooters go, but at least I finished it. They had enough variety in "ways to kill dudes" and level design to keep my interest at least. Is it bad that I was glad that it was so short? Okay, I haven't seen the new Bond films it was based on, but I was COMPLETELY confused by the cut scenes with M tracking Bond via his phone. They're talking about where he is and what he's doing, then they suddenly decide to fast forward? Whatever, just let me shoot some more dudes.

No comments: