Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Now Playing: Skate 2 and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Skate 2 is one of those games with a pretty steep learning curve. I figured I'd pick right up on this one since I played a few hours of Skate. Not true. I've already had a few challenges that I tried probably 20 times in a row before I passed them. I apparently can't railslide worth a darn. So maybe I'll shy away from challenges that include that. Anyway, I'm getting the hang of it and am appreciating the open world style of "do whatever challenges you feel like."

Oh, get this. I got an e-mail from the local library yesterday that the game I reserved was ready. Huh? Oh yeah, I scanned their list last year and put a hold on Lego Star Wars. And then forgot about it after several months. Either they don't have many copies or borrowing free videogames is a really popular thing. Or both. Probably both.

I've played both of the previous Lego Star Wars games before on PS2 and Gamecube. I figured I'd try all episodes I-VI on the 360. You know, since it was free. And, I'm ashamed to say, for achievement points. But whatever, the cut scenes (especially for IV-VI since I've seen those many more times) are great. These Lego games are great to play with kids or inexperienced gamers. I convinced my wife to play this with me years ago, maybe I can do so again. Wish me luck!

No comments: